Ponies For Sale:
Also see details for PIE at bottom of page - he is available for sale - details on request. Thanks.
11.3hh CHESNUT GELDING, DARTMOOR HILL PONY. RISING 4 YRS. WELL HANDLED BY THE CHILDREN AND SHOWN IN HAND. WON THE CHILD HANDLER AWARD IN THE DARTMOOR HILL PONY CHAMPIONSHIP AT DEVON COUNTY SHOW 2013, LED BY A 5YR OLD CHILD, HAVING WON THE QUALIFIER AT WIDDECOMBE FAIR 2012. ALSO QUALIFIED FOR DEVON COUNTY 2014. GINGER IS A SUPER MOVER AND WOULD MAKE IDEAL SHOW PONY. REGULARLY RIDDEN BAREBACK IN AND OUT FROM FIELD BY CHILDREN AND HAS HACKED QUIETLY AROUND FARM AND LANES UNDER SADDLE ON LEAD REIN. MET RURAL TRAFFIC, HE IS USED TO TRACTORS AND LIVESTOCK, AND GENERAL CHAOS ASSOCIATED WITH THREE KIDS AND FARM ANIMALS! LOADS AND TRAVELS PERFECTLY IN TRAILER, CAN BE LOADED BY CHILD WITH NO HELP FROM MUM. TIES UP IN YARD QUIETLY FOR ENDLESS HOURS OF GROOMING AND FUSSING. EXCELLENT FOR FARRIER TO TRIM. LIVES IN OR OUT, ABSOLUTELY NO LAMINITIS OR SWEETITCH. A VERY NICE PONY WHO WILL EXCEL IN THE SHOW RING, IDEAL FOR IN-HAND NOW AND SUITABLE FOR LEAD REIN CLASSES ONCE HE IS A LITTLE OLDER, POTENTIAL TO BE TOP CLASS, HOWEVER WOULD BE EQUALLY SUITED TO JUST BEING A LOVED CHILDS PONY TO HACK AND HAVE FUN ON. BOUGHT FROM HIS BREEDER AS A YEARLING, HIS SIRE AND DAM ARE BOTH A NICE STAMP WITH GOOD TEMPERAMENTS, AS ARE HIS THREE CHESNUT SISTERS. GOOD HOME SOUGHT FOR THIS LOVELY LITTLE CHAP. £595 ono.
WE NEED TO REDUCE STOCK SO ARE OFFERING A SELECTION OF OUR DARTMOOR HILL PONIES - ALL HALTER BROKEN AND CURRENTLY SUITABLE FOR COMPANIONS OR WITH FURTHER TRAINING WILL ALL MAKE GOOD RIDING PONIES. ALL HAVE BEEN PASSPORTED, MICROCHIPPED, WORMED, STABLED AND WELL FED. THEY ARE ALL USED TO FARM LIFE, CHILDREN, TRACTORS ETC AND ARE CHOSEN FROM STOCK WITH GOOD TEMPERAMENTS AND CONFORMATION. ALL WILL BECOME EXCELLENT RIDING PONIES AND IT IS WITH SADNESS THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO CONTINUE WITH THEIR TRAINING.
- WISPA 6 year old liver chesnut and white mare approx 13.0hh. Wispa has been halter broken as she was a very late starter but moves beautifully and will make a fine riding pony.
- LUCKY 2 year old black gelding. Approx 12.0hh now, will make at least 12.2hh. Halter broken.
- TINA 2 year old dun filly. Approx 12.0hh now, will make at least 12.2hh, really well put together. Halter broken, with a very friendly nature, has been well handled with children. Picks feet out and very easy to catch and leads willingly. A super little pony who has the personality and looks to be a real star.
- MAGGIE 2 year old dark brown/black filly. Already approx 13.0hh so should make good size pony of perhaps 14.0hh.
- FUDGE 2 year old bay filly. The sweetest little pony you could wish for. Very gentle with kids. Leads quietly and easy to catch. Should mature to 11.0hh approx.
- BONNIE Yearling skewbald filly - to make approx 12.0hh nicely marked with bay head with star and snip.
- TUMBLE Yearling piebald filly. Another real sweetie. Very gentle with kids. Leads quietly and easy to catch. Should mature to 11.0hh approx.
- MITCHELCOMBE GUILLEMOT - 'GILLY' - Stunning 13hh Grey Mare - Rising 6 years Heritage Dartmoor Pony
A lovely prospect with much potential to make superb allround PC/sports pony.
This beautiful mare is 13hh and looks well proportioned carrying a small adult although is gentle enough for a small child. She has been hacked alone and in company and taken to RC rallies and indoor show jumping and has been placed in Working Hunter Pony, Family Pony and small show jumping classes with 6yo child off the lead rein this summer. She is a lovely forward going hack - not too fizzy but goes willingly where you ask at the speed you ask her to, and is obedient for small child off lead rein. She will stand still while you walk away from her on a horse or on foot, then canter to catch you up steadily with small rider on board. She has learnt basic flatwork with a small adult, where she shows nice paces and carries herself well. She has sucessfully competed in horse agility in-hand - being very quick to learn she finds this great fun and will confidently walk over see-saw, tarpaulin, through tunnel, under curtain - she really is an exceptionally fast thinker and would love to get out competing more. Her huge talent would be easily turned to any equestrian discipline. She is groomed and has feet picked out daily by 6yo child and can be led in from field or into and out of trailer by children too. She is well mannered in and out of stable and good for farrier to trim. She itches without a fly rug on during summer months. She really is a super pony who would love to win lots more rosettes with a new best friend.
Priced at £1200 ono.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BUYING A PONY PLEASE CONTACT US FOR MORE DETAILS AND PHOTOGRAPHS.
He is known in the yard as 'Elvis' and is fast becoming a fabulous first pony. Having come to us for breaking this summer, Elvis was already very well handled having had a great start at Mitchelcombe Farm. He is now hacking quietly off the lead rein by a 5 year old rider. He happily goes in front or behind other horses safely negotiating village traffic, dogs, walkers etc. He is beautifully behaved in the yard, is always 100% to catch (children can safely approach and catch him alone in the paddock) he loads in trailer or lorry, and will willlingly stand for hours in the yard for fussing and grooming. He will be a superb lead rein/ M&M pony as he has stunning looks and is of the quality a judge looks for in the show ring. Please contact me for more information - Elvis has now been sold to a lovely family in Surrey who will be showing him this summer. Their three children are really looking forward to getting to know him!
- BLAKE- 12.0hh Black Roan Gelding - Dartmoor Hill Pony
Lovely lead rein pony - suitable for all levels of rider. Blake is quiet to ride on and off lead rein. He has been lightly shown in hand and Qualified for Devon County Show 2013 at his first show, his new owner will retain the qualification to go there. He has been hacked by riders from 3 to 13 years and is quiet around the lanes, walks through water and pops small jumps. Good to catch, box, farrier etc. He has such a lovely temperament - always first to come to call when you go to the field, and he loves a fuss from the children. Blake is a very affectionate pony for a child to ride and be friends with. Blake is in a new home in Lincolnshire where he is loved by two little girls. He is doing really well at local shows and has won loads of rosettes - well done!
- MITCHELCOMBE MAPLE Pretty 12.0hh Dark Brown Mare, - Heritage Dartmoor Pony
Maple has the temperament and ability to be a wonderful lead rein/first ridden/show pony. She is really the sweetest pony you could wish to meet. She is patient and gentle and is a quiet ride. She is very pretty and has correct conformation. She hacks out alone or in company and is well mannered in front or behind. She leads from another horse. She walks through water and pops a small fence. She is always perfect to catch and is handled and groomed by small children. Maple has been shown this summer - WINNING her only Lead Rein Class - where the judge commented on her suitablity for this class. She has also competed in Horse Agility. She is quiet for the farrier to trim and good to load in trailer. Maple has gone to a new home near Cardiff where she will be a little girl's best friend.
- WINSTON - 12.2hh Bay Gelding -Dartmoor x Welsh Sec D -SUPER SAFE AND STEADY FIRST PONY Great hunter/allrounder/Pony Club Pony
Ridden and handled daily by children from 3 to 13 years. A real poppet to do everything with. Been to Pony Club Camp where he was loved by all and really looked after his small rider. He is safe for a child just off lead rein - he will steadily hack or pop round jumps on or off lead rein. Regularly hunted on and off lead rein by 4yo child where he walks, trots and canters quietly led off another horse even in open spaces. Also hunted and hacked by small adult. Happily carries a complete beginner or a more competant rider. Winston has now gone to his new home, where he will be a great friend to an 8yo boy and his little sister. His time will be shared between home in Devon and a Holiday home in Scotland where he will spend his summers!
- Bobby - 11hh Grey Welsh Sec A - Ridden and handled by small children daily. Successfully shown in-hand up to County level. Hunted on and off lead rein by 4 year old child. He stands quietly at the meet and canters in open spaces safely off lead rein. He leads perfectly from another horse. This very special pony is truly one in a million. Bobby has been sold to a family in Devon who hope to compete in lead rein classes with their young daughter.
- Eddie - 11.2hh Registered Dartmoor Hill Pony. Dun gelding. A super lead rein hunting pony who has been lightly shown and qualified for Devon County Show 2012. Well hunted with three packs this season by 2yo and 4yo children. A genuinely kind and uncomplicated pony who will thrive in a hunting home.
Eddie has settled in well in his new home in Somerset and has been hunting and show jumping with his new owners proving to be as good as gold for his 3yr old rider. He will be an adored family firend and we hope they will have many years of fun together. HE HAS BEEN PLACED 4TH AND 3RD IN HIS CLASSES AT DEVON COUNTY SHOW 2012 AND 2013 - WELL DONE TO YOU ALL!!
- Sparky -11.2hh Registered Welsh Sec A gelding
Broken last summer, turned away for the winter and now back in work, being regularly hacked out and been to shows. Ridden by small child on and off the lead rein. Pops a small jump and is proving to be a good gymkhana pony and will make fantastic lead rein or first ridden. He is very good to catch, to stand for the farrier, being groomed etc. He is handled daily by a toddler who can even load him into the trailer.
Sparky has moved to his new local home with a family who are looking forward to their three young children riding him.Dillon - 11.2hh Skewbald gelding registered Dartmoor Hill Pony. Hunted all season on the lead rein ridden by a 3 yo child. He loves kids and is easy to handle. He has been ridden on and off the lead rein, by riders from 1 to 12 years. He stands quietly tied in the yard for as long as you wish. He will happily live in or out. He is used to all livestock, pushchairs, dogs etc! Ready to be a childs best friend and a super all round pony.
Dillon first moved to Worcestershire where he became best friends with a lovely boy who did lots of activities with the RDA. He has settled in to a new home in Ayrshire where he is loved by three boys.Star - A stunning registered Dartmoor gelding. Star stands at 12.2hh. He was purchased from his breeder who had previously won many showing classes in hand with him. He has been hacked by children and small adults proving to be a dream lead rein pony but with the right attitude to also be a great second pony or small adults hack. He could continue with his showing career as he has great conformation and a superb temperament.
Star has been a super pony for the family who bought him, and he is now with a new family where he is helping two girls to be more confident riding a pony.
- Peppa - A truely sweet natured pony with looks to die for. Peppa is a registered Dartmoor Hill Pony. He is bay and stands around 11.3hh. Very good to handle and lead out. Quiet for children to groom and lead. Perfect for vet, farrier, dentist. He is used to all livestock, pushchairs, dogs etc! Peppa is a great lead rein pony ready to be a child's best friend.
Peppa and his new owner have been to lots of shows and are hacking out regularly. They are getting on well and have won loads of rosettes and competed at Devon County Show 2012 and 2013! They have just won the Championship at Chagford Show 2013 - see our home page!
- Pie - The friendliest pony you could ever wish to meet! Pie is a 7 year old registered Dartmoor Hill Pony. He is a piebald gelding of approx 11.2hh. He is brilliant in all respects, quiet to ride and handle by my two and half year old daughter!! He goes out on his own or with other ponies. He is well behaved for the farrier, has been vaccinated and had his teeth checked. He is good to catch, tie up, lead out to the field. He is used to all livestock, pushchairs, dogs etc! Pie is a true first lead rein pony ready to be a child's best friend.
NOW FOR SALE AS OUTGROWN PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR DETAILS.